Music is something which can distract me whilst writing, yet also inspire me to write. It can even enable me to transfer emotions into written words, something which can often prove particularly difficult. So, since I didn’t have a post planned for today, I thought this might be a refreshing change, and hopefully an interesting read.
Let’s just say that I currently have 2 separate WIPs (work-in-progresses)
1) A dystopian novel – currently 60,000+ words
2) A contemporary realistic fiction – currently 18,000 words
Whilst continuing to write both of them, I have definitely been replaying the same songs. Whether it be the lyrics that resonate with me, or the fact they don’t distract me entirely, here is a list of the songs that I’ve found particularly inspiring.
- We all die trying to get it right – Vance Joy
- Find my way back – Eric Arjes
- Medicine – Daughter
- A little too much – Shawn Mendes
- Best that I can – Vance Joy
Are you a writer who uses music for inspiration? What do you like to listen to, if anything? Let me know in the comments.
Until next time keep dreaming x