I can’t believe that I haven’t published a baking post after blogging for just over two years. Having previously stated in my ‘About page’ that I can bake, which is still true, it seems wrong for me not to share my best creations. Let’s be honest, it’s not like this blog has ever had a consistent theme, especially regarding the topics of my posts.
So, after recently making some delicious cookies, I thought that I might as well share the recipe (my version anyway) and see what you all think. Let’s get baking…
Banocolate cookies *pun intended*
*Dislcaimer – I changed the original recipe slightly, but as I was happy with the results, I will therefore share the ingredients I used.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 100g (3.5 oz) unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 100g self-raising flour
- 50g (2oz) whole porridge oats
- 100g plain chocolate broken into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/ 350F
- Mash banana until it is a smooth consistency.
- Mix the butter, sugar and egg together until smooth. Then add flour and oats and pulse until combined.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl and add chocolate.
- Drop heaped tablespoons of the mixture into a greased baking tray.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
These cookies tasted amazing and I can’t wait to bake them again! Next time I may even add more oats for an added crunch.
Until next time keep dreaming x