Happy Halloween! 🎃
Since posting my first baking post, I’ve had an overwhelming amount of positive feedb on my blog. Therefore, in the spirit of this season, and indeed today, I thought I’d share with you a great Halloween recipe. Enjoy!
Buttery fork cookies *pumpkin edition*
- 125g/41/2 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 125g/41/2 oz caster sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 100g/31/2 oz plain flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
*Disclaimer – only 1oz of sugar is actually added to the dough. Next time I may measure less sugar as I didn’t use it all.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degree celsius/400 F/ Gas mark 6
- Place butter and 25g/1oz of sugar in a bowl and beat together.
- Add yolk to bowl and mix together.
- Sift in the flour and mix to form a soft dough.
- Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a seperate bowl.
- Take 1tsp of mixture and roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place of baking sheet and use fork to press down until cookie is 1cm/1/2inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool.
*As you can probably tell, my cookies didn’t keep their pumpkin shape or resemble the picture within the book. However, there’s nothing a bit of icing can’t fix!
I made these cookies as a last minute Halloween post idea and I didn’t have all of the ingredients I needed (including orange food colouring). So, I improvised. They’re nowhere near as perfect as I wanted them to be, but they taste great! I hope you can see the vague pumpkin shape or at the very least, like their colourful design.
I hope you enjoyed this imperfect post. Let me know what you think in the comments. I hope you all have a pumpkin spice, fun filled Halloween! 🎃
Until next time keep dreaming x